Saturday, July 31, 2010

Vertically Inclined

While we were up in Canada Jakob and I met up with "more-than-facebook-friend" Kayla. I love this girl to bits! I hope one day she will start a blog. Her life is crazy!! While thinking of fun things to do back home she came up with the idea to Rock Climb. I was stoked. It was so much fun! Jakob and I are thinking about getting some gear so we can climb here at Red Rock!

Jakob and Kayla were the racers. Some words of wisdom to anyone going climbing. DO NOT WEAR FAKE NAILS!! They are the worst!!! I am totally scarred of heights so that plus the inability to grip onto things didn't make for a swift climb. Jakob and Kayla would race though and she rocked it!

Sarah, another good friend of mine, is scarred of heights as well. She wasn't a fan of the straight up wall but she was great at bouldering (moving horizontally along the wall). Some of the people that do this are just so fluid. It's amazing to watch. Sarah was getting pretty freaking good at it too.

Pappa van den Berge tagged along as our photographer. Here he is trying to pull himself up on the ladder. It is super tough!! I had such a fun time! Hopefully when Kayla comes down we'll go out to Red Rock. I got my nails taken off so there is no excuses this time! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Our first date was rock climbing and it was a lot of fun!! Glad you guys had a great time!

Jenna Scott said...

They have a rock climbing place on charleston, James and the guys went as their "bachelor party" and I got jealous so I crashed it and went too! It was fun, we should do it sometime soon as a date day!

And... I need to see Dad Tobler for sure this month because I want a planter and need his help! And, I still need to meet mom Tobler, I think I can learn a lot from her!

Stephanie Tobler said...

Anyone can learn a lot from Mom Tobler!! I have some dresses I want to make and Dad Tobler said anytime... Whenever you are free we can go there together. And yes I am up for a rock climbing date!!