
What happens after Mom Tobler and I search five different stores for white fabric with half inch red polka dots with no luck?
(I mean seriously, how is it that not one store had it?!? It's a basic print, or so I thought! Okay that's a lie Wal-Mart had 2 yards... which obviously wasn't enough! This calls for drastic measures.. I'm calling Canada!) Anyways, back to the question... the answer, you find something else to do. After all we can not have D.I.L.T (daughter in law training) and not have anything to show for it. In this case, Jakob and I were hosting a masquerade the following evening and I wanted to dip the waffle cones in chocolate.

While the chocolate was melting Mom, started to think. A basket just simply would not do.. she envisioned a waffle cone tree. You know the kind made of wire and it holds the cones? So we wandered into garage and found an old broken shovel handle, perfect. We grabbed the saw and Mom started cutting. Allow me to draw your attention to the safety glasses on her "head" and her cutting technique. Regardless, we got the job done!

We then screwed a muscle milk lid to the bottom and drilled some holes in it for the wire. I went home, cut the wire and spray painted it black. Is it perfect? No. Will I ever use it again? Probably not but it just goes to show being a hoarder + imagination + laughter = some fun times.

No comments:
Post a Comment