Friday, April 15, 2011

One Step at A Time

After staying up late parting the night away the night before, let's simply say I was rather tired come Thursday morning, however hiking day is hiking day so off we went. Expecting some serious wind, once again, I came prepared but alas there was only a light breeze and the beautiful sunshine gleaming from above. It doesn't get any better than that.

After getting lost not once but twice on the Keystone thrust hike Mom Tobler now researches what we should expect to see on our hike in an attempt to keep us on track. Does it work? Perhaps. In her research she found that we should come across an old cabin... so we found a cement foundation with old tile? Maybe once upon a time it was a cabin. Needless to say we were slightly disappointed but on we hiked toward the springs. With hopes that we would find more water like last week.

Yup, that's water alright and look how crystal clear it is! Beautiful! In the review that Mom read it said to continue on past the dam, so on we hiked.

As one might guess it was worth it. This little mini water fall was adorable. I have always loved the sound of running water, trickling, falling, waves crashing up on the beach. It fascinates me, something so simple that we cannot live without. Sometimes I think we take it for granted which is why I love stumbling across these natural treasures. It reminds me of how truly beautiful this world is and to enjoy the smallest things in life.

This shot was taken by Mom Tobler. She is quite dedicated to finding the perfect angle when taking pictures. I applaud her! I simply do not think I'm the dedicated, perhaps I would be if I didn't know that Mom would get such good shots. After all she takes about 100 with hopes that at least one captured the moment. That's commitment right there.

Here's an example of the dedication she has. Laying in the water and everything.

It was at about this point that we had decided to turn around only to find out that we hadn't even seen the real cabin yet!! We also missed out on an amazing view apparently! So we will have to hike La Madre Springs again someday. Just one more adventure awaiting us. Speaking of pending adventures, I get to cross something off of my bucket list!! We are going to go camping with Mom and Dad Tobler in the GRAND CANYON!!! I am soooooooo excited!!!

No comments: