Friday, December 2, 2011

Third Trimester

I am in my third trimester!! Where has the time gone? I remember in June thinking December was eons away! I must boast a bit however; our Christmas cards are sent, the tree is set up and decorated and I am 100% done my shopping! I feel so proud to be so on top of things this year because I know next year we'll be lucky just to have my hair done let alone Christmas cards.

How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight loss/ gained? +22 lbs (142 lbs)
Name?
Ethnie Lauren Tobler
Maternity clothes? After a fabulous shopping spree with Mom Tobler I can officially say that I should be set. I only have 2 pairs of official "maternity" pants but my lulu lemons have served me well! I have gained some serious inches in my hips however! People are starting to notice not only my bulging belly but my curves as well.
Stretch marks? Not yet... I say "yet" because I already have some from pre pregnancy so I know my skin is susceptible. Here's hoping I can avoid getting them on my belly.
Sleep? It is a never ending battle. I toss and turn all night. Sometimes I feel like a pancake being flipped from side to side. I fall asleep really easily which is a bonus but the constant need to readjust is slightly less then pleasant.
Best moment this week? I got to go to the specialist and see our little girl via ultrasound for an hour. I also felt her first case of hiccups.
Missing anything? Currently, my husband. He is in Boston taking his CFA exam. I am anxiously awaiting his return so he can spend some time with me instead of a text book studying. As far as the baby goes... I miss being thin and trim. There are so many cute Christmas outfits that I cannot wear. Alas... next year.
Movement? We have a very busy girl on our hands. She is on a pretty steady schedule which I find very odd. She greets me with a "Good Morning Mommy" dance first thing in the morning. She then makes her precence known right before lunch and then again as I am trying to fall asleep. Most of the time it is right before I eat, and she settles down after. I just thought it would be reversed.
Food cravings? SODA! Yes, it's sooo bad. Chocolate and a Red Robin chicken burger. I may just have to get the latter one by myself some day since Jakob isn't a fan of Red Robins. Nothing says desperate like a table for one enjoying your super juicy and delicious chicken burger.
Anything making you queasy/ sick? No sir!
Labor signs? Nada!
Belly button in or out? Out, it's rather comical.
Wedding rings on or off? On baby!
Mood? So happy! It's Christmas season!!! That right there should be enough to make anyone happy!
Any fun symptoms? I'm moving slower, my hips are out of whack (I need to see a chiropractor), I can out eat anyone (that may be why I'm so huge!), I get some awesome heart burn (I say awesome because yes it's heartburn and unpleasant but it's super mild) and my OCD is still pretty bad.
Looking forward too? Decorating Ethnie's room and having fun being a pregnant elf! Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Great update! I'll give you one tip though, you will probably be in your maternity clothes at least 3 months after you have the baby, so you may want to consider getting more maternity pants. And heartburn usually means hair!!

I loved being pregnant and I'm glad you're enjoying it as well.