Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

Happy December 1st!!! Can't you believe it's December already?!?! It is cold, windy, and raining/ snowing in some places here in Vegas. It just feels like a wrap-up-in-a-warm-blanket-with-home-made-soup-and-cookies kind of day. Perhaps turn on your favorite Christmas movies and sip some apple cider. Oh yes!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in this Tobler home. Especially now that we have a beautiful tree. A huge thank you to Ty and Mare! I was faced with quite the dilemma this year. We have the perfect spot for a Christmas tree in our living room. Let's just say I wanted one pretty badly. I did not however want to buy a fake one simply because I didn't want to store it after and possibly lug it across the country when we move. Then I thought of having a real tree. I've never had one before so the thought of our first tree being real was kind of poetic in my mind, but then again Jakob and I are not even going to be here for Christmas as we will be going home to Canada for the first time in 4 years; so I didn't want a real tree to go to waste. I posed this problem to my friend Mare and she looked at me and said "We have an extra one... would you like to borrow it?" PERFECT!!!! So here is my perfectly beautiful borrowed Christmas tree! It makes me so happy... now all I need is some ornaments, and another string on lights to cover the top!

I also got the pleasure of having craft night with both Mare and Cortney. We made salt dough tags for Christmas gifts. I got the idea off of Pinterest (of course) the first batch with Mare didn't come out exactly right so Cort and I made a second attempt. Much cuter. I'll post pictures of my Christmas wrappings at a later date. There are so many cute ideas out there!!

While we waited for the tags to bake we made Christmas trees. Another wrapping craft. I really want to make some tree's covered in fabric, perhaps next year.

For this, all you need is a cone and some streamers. I got my cone on clearance at Michaels last year for $.15 and the streamers were $.25 for the two at a yard sale. Just keep wrapping.

The finished product. Nothing in my house is green so I am not exactly sure where to put it. It totally needs some ornaments and a star though!! I can't wait to make an ornament one.... anyone want to have a craft night??

1 comment:

Jenna Scott said...

Aww love the little tree. My wrapping this year is what I do pretty much every year, grandparents passed it down. They save all the comics out of newspapers for me (I love the cartoon section) and for birthday's or christmas I wrap gifts in comics :) Different, family tradition (sort of) and free!