Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Our Little Pumpkins

I {love} carving pumpkins. To me it is the official kick off to Halloween. This year, life was just crazy, so we were a bit late. Jakob isn't fond of gutting the pumpkin so I was in charge of that part. I was all excited for Peanut to really get in there and make a mess buts she wanted NOTHING to do with it. So she sat with Jakob while I did the dirty work. Jakob then took on the job of carving. Those teeth were pretty goofy.

Like the awesome wife I am, I forgot to take a picture of Jakob and his completed pumpkin. Good thing Mom took one the following day. The teeth were all sorts of shriveled. Fail! Sorry honey, I'll be better next year. :)

The following week I wanted to carve Duke his firt pumpkin. We headed over to Mom's and this time Ethnie wanted to help. SCORE!

Yucky hands. She wasn't fond of the stringy bits that would cling to her fingers but I was seriously impressed with good she did since the previous week she was now down.

"Okay Mama, It's MY turn to scoop!" Love her!

Ethnie then went down for a nap and it was time to trace the little mans hands and carve. He was a wonderful helper.

Tada! Duke's first pumpkin!

I just love our little pumpkins and I'm so thankful that I'm their Mama! Having little ones makes all of the holiday's just that much better!

No comments: