Friday, May 2, 2014

9 Months

  • Weight: I packed those stats from his last visit. Oops. Don't worry he's still massive :)
  • Nicknames: Uke, Little Man, Monkey, Most of the time we call him "Duke Manfred"  or just Manfred.
  • Duke is MY boy! If I am in the room he needs to be with me. If he hears my voice he starts to cry looking for me. It's nice to be loved since I'm lower down on E's totem pole. This boy is all mine.
  • This boy is furniture surfing.He not only walks but RUNS while he holds your hands. He wants to be going, doing, moving. If his toes weren't so small he'd fly!
  • We are teething! Woah Nelly! Poor guy is much crankier but it's just sad because you know he hurts. We tried orajel and it worked wonders. I'm thinking we will see some teeth soon!!
  • He started solids! He is loving eating meats and veggies. He is eating chicken, beef, roast, hamburger. Like I said before if it's food he's all about it. He's not so fond of cheese. I swear I did not plan this!
  • Duke Manfred's schedule is... what it is. His day time schedule is set. He naps great and get tired like clock work. He goes down for bed no problem but he is still up 2 sometimes 3 times a night. I am at a loss. tough love is hard while he's teething... BAA! It'll sort itself out soon! 
  • Duke is a cuddler. He likes to climb up on my lap and plant a big wet kiss right on my mouth. There is usually tongue involved. It is wonderful! He also likes to burrow his head into my lap or chest. He's a snuggler, just not for lengthy periods of time.  
  • He loves the outdoors. He loves sitting in the stroller or playing out on Gramma's lawn. He loves going to the park and crawling around. I'm excited for Nashville and all of the grass there!
  • If I'm not in the room Duke is a pretty independent boy. He is very good at playing with toys or his sister while I get things done. 
  • Duke LOVES the T.V. he likes to sit there glued watching Buzz, Nemo or Frozen. He watches what Sister watches and he's happy to do it. He gets excited and bounces up and down when Elmo comes on. I wonder if we'll have another fan?
  • Duke loves technology. Remotes, my phone, the tablet. He really enjoys playing peek-a-boo barn. 
  • The most ticklish boy ever. He is super ticklish on his chunky legs. But it isn't hard to make him laugh. Love this boy!
  • Duke likes to roll during diaper changes. He is SUPER wiggly. It takes a lot of distractions, funny voices and singing to keep him still.
  • Manfred learned how to use a sippy cup this month. He's not really fond of juice, which is totally different from his sister. He usually sucks some back and then spits it all out. He really enjoys smoothies through straws though.
May I just mention how much I love this months round of photos? I may be biased but I seriously think he is the CUTEST baby in the world and these pictures reflect his ever growing personality perfectly. He is becoming more like a little boy and less like a baby every day. He is getting opinions, wants attention, loves to be with me and I love to be with him. He fills a spot in my heart I never knew was empty. I was scared to have a boy. The unknown. I'm a girl, I had a girl and now here's a boy.. what do I do with a boy?! The answer: you love them, you snuggle them and you cherish them because it goes by SOOO fast. I love him more than words.

          1 comment:

          Unknown said...

          He is a doll. best looking Grand kids ever!