Sunday, May 11, 2014

ROAD TRIP! :)

My darling friend Kayla got married. I can't even begin to describe how excited I was for her. She has been through a lot and I am so glad that she is happy. Anyways.... her reception was up in Sandy UT so Jakob and I had a road trip sans children. (Thank you to Mom and Dad who took the babies while we adventured.) Our first stop was in St. George. I desperately wanted to go to the temple. I really want to have a temple checklist if you will. I love them and I really wish that we made more time to visit the temple but since I knew we would probably never be in St. George again I had to go. It was wonderful. I really liked how old it was. 

 Jakob and I rented a car since we don't exactly trust ours. It was a convertible so we had to put the top down. 

 It was fun, but I would never buy one. It was the perfect day in St. George to have the top down though. Beautiful! Not to mention Jakob looked pretty sexy driving one. I'm probably biased though. Once we left St. George we had to FLY! I didn't take the time change into account and we were distended to arrive at the reception 3 minutes before it ended... if we hit all green lights. Jakob flew...

 ... and we made it! It was perfect timing actually. All of the guests had arrived and mingled so I was free to catch up with Kayla without feeling like I was monopolizing her.

 She was STUNNING. Hands down the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. I am so glad that we got to see her. 

 We then headed over to Nick and Tallies to spend the evening. I love visiting with them. They make me smile and I wish we got to see them more. The best part was snuggling 5 day old Salomon. Oh my word... he was darling. It made me miss my babies.

 The next morning w were back on the road. Only to hit a freak blizzard. I'm from Canada folks... it was a blizzard. We could hardly see in front of us it was so bad in some places. Semi's rolled over, car accident after car accident. People stuck in the ditch.

 Needless to say it was crazy. The roads were clear yesterday. So we took it slow coming home. You could tell we were parents. We wanted to get home safe to out babies. 

 We pulled over at a truck stop and I made a snow man with a fruit snack carrot for a nose :)

 Jakob and I also experienced our first gas station hot dog. It was rather tasty! I was surprised!

Finally we were back to sunshine! I think I'm going to go in shock when I get to Nashville. Snow... ugh! All in all it was a wonderful trip and I'm so glad that we went! It was nice to have some time just hubby and wife and to visit family and friends. It was nice to hold our babies again. It's crazy how much you miss them after 32 hours.

No comments: