Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Westcliff Ward

I have never been part of such a warm and welcoming ward before. Yes, it had it's drama just like any ward, but this ward was a family (literally almost everyone was related) and they made each one of us feel as though we were a part of that family. It broke my heart to leave this ward. Here is Peanut with her nursery class. 

Her nursery leaders Sister McKight and Sister Camp. Ethnie loved these ladies. She would race out of my arms and jump into Sister Camps. During the week at home she would sit by the door and cry "Isss Tamp!!!!" wanting to go play. It is amazing what a difference wonderful teachers make. I love these women and am so grateful for their service and their love for Ethnie!

As most people know I was the second councilor in the Primary Presidency. It was such a joy seeing my Primary children each week. We had an amazing group of children and I will miss teaching them! 

But most of all I will miss my girls. This is Miquelle and Missy. I have never really gotten along with women. Growing up my friends were almost always guys and to this day the vast majority of our friends are men. It has been so nice having these ladies to bond with. We have had many a ladies night where the restaurant has had to kick us out because they closed and we were still talking. I loved our park dates, our visits, and laughing so hard we almost peed. I would do anything for these girls. I will miss them more than words!

No comments: