Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Canada Day

I was so excited to be in Canada for Canada Day! Canadians do need to take a page out of America's book and feel a bit more patriotic. I had noticed that several people in my Mom's neighborhood had these flags in their front yards. I asked her about them and she said she didn't have any idea. So one evening we were going for a walk with the babies and we decided that if we saw anyone with a flag in their yard we would ask where they got them. One man was out and about getting into his car. As he was pulling out of his drive I ran across the road and flagged him down to ask where he got the flag. It turns out he was the one who was selling them. It was fate. He came by later that evening to set it up in our yard! Yes, that's much better!!!

The morning of Canada Day mom made pancakes with maple syrup. So delicious!

Then it was time for a little photo shoot. I made the kids little shirts with their hand prints on them. They were so stinking cute!!

I was a little bit embarrassed by my family. They LIVE in Canada and not a single one of them had a Canadian t-shirt! I mean I brought mine up from the States. So we had no choice but to go shopping for some shirts. I think everyone looked pretty spiffy! (I really get into holiday's.)

Our family photo in front of our flag! I wish Jakob was with us!

I love this picture of Duke and I.

I finally got to rock my Jamberry Nails that my friend Britni gave me for my birthday. I really liked them but there was a bit of a learning curve to getting them on. 

After first nap we headed out to Lion's Park for some festive fun. there was a bluegrass band playing and it made me think of Pa. Ethnie heard the music and shouted "Pa guitar!!"

Enjoying some free watermelon.

A Mounty! Oh how I'd love to have an outfit like that some day. 

 Ethnie really wanted to play at the park. She was a bit nervous about the sand though. We do not have sand in our parks in Vegas, so this was new for her. Opa was always right there with her though. 

 The theme for Duke's party in a few weeks is construction. I was so excited when I saw a truck that Duke could go in!

There were people in the way so I couldn't get a full shot but I love this!

We then left the kiddies with a sitter and went out for a stake dinner. It was delicious!! 


Once the babies were in bed Chris and I went to the fireworks. It was a fun activity to do just brother and sister. It was a wonderful Canada Day!! I was very glad to be home for it!

No comments: