Saturday, July 5, 2014

the Fourth


I was a bit disappointed when I realized that we wouldn't  be home on the 4th of July. It was going to be Duke's first and I had visions of BBQ's and hotdogs outside at Gramma & Pa's while we played with sparklers. I love the Fourth. I think I'm becoming a little more American every year. Don't get me wrong I am one PROUD Canadian, but the patriotism American's have is infectious. Alas, we were in Canada so I have to bring a bit of the U.S of A up north.

 I bought a white onesie for Manfred and made a flag for the front out of same fabric that Mom had in the house. I {love} how it turned out. I also made a bow tie but it still needs a clip. He'll rock that later on in the year.

Once his onesie was done I felt like he need some pants to make it complete. Once again Mom had the perfect fabric in her stash and stitch, hem, press they were done. I love the final outcome. He was the perfect American!

Not to mention a super cute American!! 

Since we are on a super tight budget right now, I decided that E wasn't going to have a spiffy outfit for the Fourth. I was beyond excited when my darling Mother showed me some of the outfits that she had picked up for E and that this was one of them!! It was PERFECT! :)

E has started to let me do her hair. It's quite fun and a little bit difficult at times. I was loving her french braid. Gosh she was precious! 

Then as per usual we had a little photo shoot! 

I even brought my Red, White and Blue! It was fun celebrating the Fourth so far away. I sure do love holidays!!

No comments: