E is finally at an age where she understands how things work. It is so much fun! I really wanted to host an egg hunt this year. I called my friend Jami and she was totally on board. It started off small and then we opened it up to the whole ward. I am so glad we did! We had a great turn out. Even a few Dad's show up which was awesome! Please don't judge the amount of pictures you'll see of E. She was just too darn cute, I couldn't help myself.
We made it a pot luck so we weren't making food for the masses. I ended up bringing some Easter bunny cookies. This is my second attempt at flood icing in the last 3 years. All in all it came out alright. I can't wait to try it again!!
I also made some bunny bum cupcakes. I'm sure I got the idea from Pinterest. Butter cream frosting is a tricky devil. To use the fur tip you need pretty soft frosting or you keep popping the bag... which I did.. a lot! Then if it's too runny it won't hold it's shape. Meh, they were sad an pathetic but I didn't really care.
I did some face painting while everyone ate. Duke was sick so Daddy stayed home with him which really broke my heart. It was a lot of fun. You may also notice a difference in the quality of the photos. Someone from the ward is trying to expand his portfolio and he offered to take some pictures. They turned out great and I'm very thankful that he was able to come. So you'll see his pictures mixed into this post.
E loves to be painted. She asks for me to do it all. the. time! It's nice to know that she thinks her mom is pretty cool!
Okay Mom, wrap it up... it's time for our egg hunt!
We had everyone bring a dozen filled eggs and hide them. It was a super simple party to put together! E loved hunting for eggs.
I love her funny faces.
Talk about cute! His cheeks were stuffed!!
E loves Aunt Kami. They are so stinking cute together!
I really cannot tell you how much I love this picture! It makes me wish that Duke was there too. I can not get enough of this sweet girl. She is so happy, kind, loving and affectionate. She is always trying to play, create, and make people smile. Words cannot do my love for this girl justice. Thank you for capturing this picture Ardee!
It wasn't my usual production. Thank heavens Jami (who we didn't get a picture with :( ) was hosting with me. She kept me grounded. It was simple, fun and festive and that is all we could have asked for! Thank you to everyone who came out!! Now it's time for a photo shoot with my littles!

















.jpg)










.jpg)



1 comment:
Love that picture of you and E!!! I'm so glad you got everyone involved in the easter hunt, we had the best time in Boston with our ward egg hunt.
Post a Comment