Saturday, June 13, 2015

Mama van den Berge's Birthday

My Mama got to spend her 25th birthday with us! I felt so bad that we didn't have a big bash but with moving and all of the chaos that comes with it just wasn't happening. Mom assured me that it was fine and so we kept things pretty simple. 

We got some steaks from Costco which were mmmm mmmm GOOD! We finally own a little BBQ! Let me tell you I have seen the light! So the men did their thing outside. 

Little Manfred played peek-a-boo while the boys were outside. Talk about the sweetest smile!

There was no rest for this birthday girl. She was cooking up a storm!

Dinner: Steak, baked potatoes, asparagus, and fried mushrooms. SOOO delicious!!

Daddy was ready to dig in!

Mama and I went to a bakery and got some gourmet cupcakes E helped pick them out and was so excited to taste them all!

 Happy Birthday Oma!!

Of course E had the one with pink sparkles!

There were lots of kisses for the birthday girl!

Have I mentioned how much I love these two?

Mama insisted that we not get her any presents and I was going crazy. I figured that if I couldn't get her a present then I had better make her a bomb.com card. 

I made her a little mail box and inside were letters from each of her kiddos.

I made up little envelopes. 

 
And we wrote down 57 reasons why we love Mama. (One for each year.)

I don't think that I could have gotten her a better present. She loved it!

It was a wonderful low key evening spent together. Happy Birthday Mama! I hope you felt special and loved! We love you we do, we do!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Looks like it was a wonderful birthday for a very special lady!