This year we are heading back to Vegas for a month to let Jakob study. It tuned out that flights were $200 cheaper if I left on Tuesday vs Thursday... so the kids got out for school two days early. I was a bit sad since the last day of school is so festive, but we still got our teachers gifts and said our goodbyes. Ms. Boos was the PERFECT teacher for Duke! She was kind, sweet and patient and knew just when to push him to make him stronger. Her classroom was bright and full of owls. Duke loved Ms. Boos and we are so thankful for her!!
Ms. Cole, this woman has changed our lives and Duke had another super successful year because of her! I can hardly believe we have been working with her for three years now. SO SO SO grateful for her and how much she loves Duke!
When the school year first started E and I were both a bit apprehensive. They were in the process of hiring E's first grade teacher and she wasn't supposed to start teaching until four days after school started. Poor E just went from Duke's classroom where is was colorful and full of owls (her favorite) to a classroom with quite literally just desks! Flash forward to Ms. Lusby arriving and all our worries were GONE! Ms. Lusby was sensational! She saw E as an individual, and she stretched her! She gave her specific challenges and had her stepping out of her comfort zone. At our parent teach conferences she would tell me how amazing E was and how proud she was of her and I could see it, and actually feel it in the way she talked about her and it made my Mama heart so happy. Teachers get your children more than you do in a day and to have a teacher who wanted to not simply teach but know her was incredible. This year E soared. She is reading at a third grade reading level. She is at a second grade math level and she is rocking example in the class room! I am so proud of this sweet girl! It has been an awesome school year!



No comments:
Post a Comment