We don't have many Thanksgiving traditions other than eating yummy food and I suppose I should fix that. One of my favorite traditions though, is our gratitude tree. I love seeing what the kids write down. Some of my favorites this year Hotdog (Sprout), toilet paper (Duke), arts and crafts (E), and Daddy's job (Mama).
But my favorite leaf this year was Daddy's. He put it on the tree and promptly took Redd from me and I cried as I read it. Jakob couldn't hold Redd for 17 days. I know it was hard for me being a semi-solo parent to a newborn. I had Mom for quiet awhile, but there are some times when you just need a second set of hands and it was hard. But then I put myself in Jakob's shoes and I was heart broken. Here is this man, who really doesn't bond with the baby while you're pregnant, it's obviously not the same as it is for the mother, who has a baby. while in the hospital, things are busy. Mama is always holding him or feeding him or nurses take him and it's hard to bond there too. Redd was home all of three days before Jakob got sick and then he only got to look at him. It broke my heart and I couldn't help but cry when I read what a simple thing Jakob was thankful for. things that I take for granted.
It was this sweet babes first Thanksgiving.
Family selfie. :)
We went over to the Raber's house fro dinner and it was AMAZING! So delicious and we had a wonderful time visiting with friends. My heart was so full! the Raber's had just found out that their embryo for IVF didn't make it and it was devastating. Lloyd asked to hold Redd and discreetly wiped tears from his eyes and I just didn't have any words. they have an 11 year old daughter, but they have wanted another baby for 9 years now. I was so sad to hear about their sweet little boy.
So this year I am thankful. I am thankful for all of the simple things I take for granted. I am thankful for this sweet family of mine and I will cherish them forever.







No comments:
Post a Comment