Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve

We had a Christmas miracle and got snow on Christmas Eve! It was magical and just the perfect cherry on top to a wonderful Christmas. First item of business was getting bundled up to go play in in of course!

This is Sprout's first snow and he didn't really know how to feel about it. He doesn't have the proper gear so he didn't get to play. 

Gosh darn it he's cute!!

Duke is a Vegas baby and wanted nothing to do with the snow. I think these two may have a bit more Canadian in them.

Pure magic!


I {love} when Christmas Eve or Christmas Day lands on Sunday. What a better way to worship our Savior and really bring the true meaning of Christmas. So we had to take a few pictures of the kids dressed up.

 Duke just really wasn't into cooperating.

So Gramma and Pa decided they woulnd't cooperate either. 

Just kidding. :)

 E had some Christmas Tree hair.

Pa sweeping off the car. haha.

 I broke out my G-ma's fox fur and leather coat. I was feeling pretty fancy.

 After church Duke decided to test out the snow. 

Then we had some snuggles during the Chiefs game! Go CHIEFS!

The cutest Santa!

We had our fancy Chicken Marsala Dinner brought to you my Mom Tobler. I think I may need to get a table cloth or a charger or two because even though dinner was amazing, the table just looked sad! 

As a van den Berge tradition we opened up our Christmas Jammies. 

 All Matching!!!

I got all of our outfits on clearance last year but I still had to make bottoms for Jakob and I and I decide to make E a dress since she wasn't very fond of shirts and pants. I was really pleased with how her dressed turned out and she loved it which made it even better!

Sprout wasn't fond of being set down.

Pa serenading us with Norman. Sprout was really into the music just bouncing right along. 

Then it was time for our nativity. I may have to frame this picture of Mary and her little lamb.

Mary and Joseph riding the donkey. 

The cutest sheep you ever did see!

Pa was a wonderful donkey!

Gramma was the perfect star/ angel!

Our narrator. 

And Mama was the shepherd/ wise man. It was a great nativity. Not as reverent as our Houston show, but pretty good! Then we snuggled a bit and the kids were off to bed. The adults watched the nativity movie and everyone tiptoed off to sleep. 

It looks like Santa found our house. Oh what fun!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Love the Jammies!! What a fun Christmas eve!