Friday, December 1, 2017

Journey to Judea

December 1st we loaded up and headed out to see Journey to Judea. I was really missing the living nativity that they put in in Vegas and so I decided to do a bit of research and see if KC had any good nativities. Turns out they did. The first one was my favorite. It was a walk through of Christ's life and gosh darn it, it was awesome. 

It was put on by another faith, but I was really impressed with how well done it was.

We started with Moses, and other prophets who for told of Christ's arrival. We talked about animal sacrifices. Walked through Bethlehem, and out to see the shepherds.

And then, we got to see baby Jesus and we sang silent night. 

After baby Jesus, we got to hear stories of Jesus's life and then they talked about his crucifixion. At first it didn't make sense to me but then they explained that you can't understand the significance of Christ's birth if you don't understand why he came to earth in the first place and that totally made sense to me. It was wonderful and I am really looking forward to going next year.

No comments: