Every afternoon when E gets off the buss I have a quick chat with her bus driver Roy. He is a jolly fellow and super nice! We were talking about the possibility of snow and he said "I hope not, it's my birthday this weekend." From previous conversations I knew that Roy didn't have any family in town and I felt like I needed to make him a cake. So I did. His favorite is chocolate.
It wasn't anything fancy and it certainly wasn't the prettiest but I thought it turned out quite nicely. I was a bit concerned about how he was going to get it home without getting it all over the bus. Thankfully I sill had the box from my birthday cake! So I put it in there!!
As the bus pulled up I was standing on the curb with his cake. I sang happy birthday and he made a wish. He was pretty excited. It was the coolest thing! Not a bad way to kick off December!



No comments:
Post a Comment