Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas Gifts

This year I felt it was important for the kids to buy each other presents. They had to pick out the gift and they had to use their own money. I took them out on separate shopping trips to pick out gifts for each other. E had to get a gift for Duke. We went up and down the isles and she settled on a transformer. She was pretty convinced that he might want a Shimmer and Shine toy, but I reminded her that she had to think about what Duke would like. 

We got to the till and she started to put in her money. It came to $17 and she had $19. She was a bit disappointed when she had to spend almost all of her money, but it was a great lesson. She now understood that toys had valuez that they didn't just come from thin air. She was also really excited about giving it to him and didn't want to wait until Christmas. 

Duke had Leif. He picked out a fun toy that lights up and I think Sprout will really like it. Duke wasn't so concerned about spending the money. I did explain that it was his, but he was having a great time putting the coins into the machine. 

Outside of the store, Duke asked to put some money in the bucket. It was very sweet. 

Spout had E. E was really concerned that Sprout didn't have any money, and he wouldn't know how to pick out a toy. I reassured her that Mama would help Sprout out in both departments. She was pretty excited when I told her to go on Amazon and pick something out. She found a book that she wanted and went to Sprout and said "Goo Goo, I would like this book for Christmas please!" and she showed him the picture. I giggled and then I ordered it. 

I really liked having the kids buy something for each other, now to save up for next year. :)

No comments: