This year was a tricky one. I felt like I was prepared, that I had my expectations on point and that we would just go with the flow. Then I lost it some how. Sibling gifts are a big deal for me. I like for the kids to take time to think about each other, to plan out what they want to buy and then do it. This year Jakob was also working like crazy and was rarely home before 6:30 or 7. Which made it impossible to go and get siblings gifts. So I just bought something for Sprout to give E. He didn't mind. those expectations people.
E wanted to get Duke a baby shark from IKEA. We headed out only to find out that they were sold out. I asked everyone, Googled and came to find that shipping was more than the toy itself and wouldn't arrive until after Christmas. E was pretty disappointed. We even tried to see if we could open up the toy donation case and take the one shark that was in there, and replace it with another toy to no avail. So E got him candy and called it good.
Duke wanted to give a gift to Redd. He picked out this cute little fox.
He was pretty excited to give it to him but then was a bit sad when he realized that Redd was too small to play with it. Whoops. So sibling gifts weren't as magical this year. We will try again next year and I will have my act together.






No comments:
Post a Comment