Tuesday, April 24, 2012

2 Months Old


 I can't believe our little girl is already 2 months old!! I'm trying not to blink but is it just me, or does anyone else feel like April just disappeared?? Forget April, it feels like we should still be in January! Nevertheless, April it is and I am loving watching little Peanut grow. I am filled with mixed emotions as the days pass. She is learning so much and I love seeing her progress but in that same breath I want her to stay small forever! We are so blessed to have Ethnie in our lives. She brings such joy and love and we are very grateful. Here are her current stats and a few fun facts about her.
  • Height: 23inches (in the 90% at 7 weeks)
  • Weight: 11lbs (in the 75% at 7 weeks)
  • Head Circumference: 39.5 cm (in the 75% at 7 weeks)
  • Nicknames: For the most part everyone calls her Peanut, Ethie, Ethers & Cutie. Daddy calls her Toots, Love Bug, and Baby Doll. Grandpa calls her Pumpkin and Mini Muffins or Muffincita (Which used to be one of his nicknames for me.) :)
  • She measures about the size of a 3 month old. She has outgrown most of her 0-3m outfits which is sad because she did even get to wear them all. Oh well, we'll save them for her future little sister!
  • Whenever she bawls, I bawl. I simply cannot help it. When she is just whiny and crying that is one thing but when she is full blown screaming I just break down in tears too. It's especially embarrassing when people are over. Why do I always end up crying in front of everybody?
  • There are plenty of smiles to go around. It melts my heart every single time (even if it is 2:30 in the morning)
  • She can really hold her head up now! I think we're almost ready for her Bumbo.
  • She loves to stand and for the most part can hold her own weight fairly well. 
  • She slept through the night for the first time on April 22nd! I was a little bit shocked and I'll admit it, I did check to ensure she was in fact still breathing. We'll see if this is a new thing or just a stroke of luck. 
  • She loves chewing on her hand. It's funny to watch as she gets frustrated because it doesn't fit into her mouth. She still hasn't found her thumb again since 11 days old. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though.
  • She very rarely takes her soother anymore. 
  • She loves her piggy toy and is working very hard on getting her hands to work. I think she's going to be a lefty like Opa since she seems to be favoring her left hand, I also could be just imagining that.
  • She's slightly colicky from the hours of 7-9 p.m. It's not every night but when it happens she's a pain.  Poor thing!
  • She's totally a Moma's girl which I don't mind one bit. 
  • She's talking more. I sure do love hearing her little voice.
  • She loves being held. I'm trying to get her to "entertain herself" by having some in-chair-while-mommy-works-time but she's not a fan.
  • I have started a bad habit. Yes, It was me and I take full responsibility. More often than not I put Ethnie in bed with us. It's horrible I know but I love snuggling with her. I think Mommy likes it more than baby so the past week I've been trying to break my habit. It's hard but I know it's better if she sleeps on her own
  • If I rub her hand on one of those touch and feel books she'll try to touch it again on her own. It amazing to watch her try to use her hands. 
  • She's also learning to mimic you. If I stick my tongue out she'll try to stick hers out too. 
  •  She loves to be held over your shoulder and either rock or sway while you pat her back. She is totally a snuggler and I {love} it!! 
  • She likes to look at books as you read them and she loves staring out the window. Lots of things to look at! 
  • She gives the biggest smiles when you change her diaper. 

No comments: