At long last my family from Canada has arrived! I was so excited to be able to show off our little bundle of joy and for her to meet her Opa, Oma & Uncle Chris. (We miss you Uncle Jared and Aunt Katlynn!!)
Chris arrived the night before my parents. I didn't think we'd be able to fit 4 adults, a baby and everyone's luggage in my car so I had Chris babysit. Not that I don't trust my brother but he has ZERO experience with babies. I mean none at all. I knew he would keep her alive but still I was nervous. Nevertheless after asking him at least 7 times if "He was sure he didn't want me to take her" I left to go pick up my parents.I obviously wanted to capture the first time Momma and Daddy got to hold Ethnie so I told them wait outside while I got my camera. I called to Chris to bring the baby and all I heard was this nervous "HELP" come from upstairs. Chris was changing his first diaper. Poor Chris, mid diaper change Ethers decided she wasn't exactly finished filling her diaper. There was crap everywhere!! So I finished getting her all cleaned up and took her downstairs to meet Oma and Opa.
It was so wonderful having my parents finally meet her in person. Skype just simply doesn't do her justice! My mother wouldn't let her go and cried all day. She wouldn't even let me feed her so I pumped so she could bottle feed her. Who can blame Mom? Ethnie is enchanting.
She was passed around an offal lot. Opa only had a few precious seconds while Oma washed her hands. Poor peanut was hungry.
Of course my mother brought down (in her words) a "few" treasures for Ethnie. Our interpretations of a "few" are slightly different. She seriously got more clothes than I did at my baby shower. One of my favorite items however (besides all of the exquisite dresses) were these pink jeans! I also LOVED the book from my G-ma Heyden. It had her voice recorded on it so she could read a book to Ethnie without having to be there! So precious!
Ethnie wasn't the only spoiled one! I got some mint Areo chocolate lambs. (The lamb shape is because of Easter.) I love mint Areo's! If you're patient enough you're supposed to let the bubbles melt on your tongue. Most of the time I just chew them. SOOOO GOOD!
Thursday nights we have Bears. Since Jakob was working on a big project at work he didn't get home in time for Bears. (He actually didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning but that's beside the point.) For Bears we made brownies, yummy! I was so thankful to have my family here!! They saved my butt! I had to nurse peanut so my Mom and Chris took care of Jayden.
My mother teaches Home Economics (cooking and sewing) to grades 7 - 9 in Canada so Jayden got a very thorough lesson. Bears ran a little later than usual and we didn't get Jayden home until 8:45 at night (a hour and 45 minutes later than usual.)
Ethnie decided to have her first freak out episode. She screamed for an hour. I simply couldn't handle it, she bawled and I bawled. It just reminded me of her helpless cries in the hospital and how I couldn't help her. This was almost as bad, if not worse, at least in the hospital I knew she was crying because someone was poking her with a needle, this time I had no idea what was wrong or how to sooth her. Oma took her and cuddled her up in bed and fell asleep holding her hand. Poor little girl!I'm so glad to have my family here! We are getting a lot done and having a ball!!


1 comment:
Hey glad you are having a good time! Good job to your little bro Chris for taking care of Ethnie! :)
Oh and then jeans are adorable!
Post a Comment