Chris got to stay a day longer than my parents. It was the perfect time for some sibling bonding. He had been such a good sport grocery shopping, baby sitting and just chilling at the house for two weeks I figured we should make his last day fun! :) He has never seen the Hoover Dam so off we went!
I decided that the new bridge was the best location for some pictures. It was SUPER windy and packed with people but we didn't let that stop us!
Straddling the state line. He's "in two places at once"(name that movie)
What a stud!
In an off hand comment Chris mentioned that he had wanted to go to an aquarium. I really wish the pools were open so we could go the the pool that has the water slide that goes through the aquarium! I mean honestly wouldn't that just be the coolest thing ever?! Instead we settled for the Shark Reef Aquarium in Mandalay Bay.
My crazy inner mother bear kicked in as Chris put Ethnie near the Komodo Dragon exhibit. I realized it was all enclosed and such but I didn't like the thought of something lethal near my baby. Yup, I realize I'm way over protective... she's just going to have to live with that! :)
He didn't look in the mood to eat anyone however.
Christopher had to inform me that these are in fact called Lion fish. I simply called them spike. I thought it fit better :)
Peanut and I in front of the "Spike" fish! :)
Have you ever seen a jellyfish in the water?? Golly they are beautiful! I kind of wanted to see them eat so I could watch them in action. They don't look all that dangerous. I mean where does that little fishy go? They are totally see through... on second thought, perhaps I'm glad I didn't have the opportunity to witness that.
"I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy." (Name that movie)
I know I've mentioned it before but I shall reiterate for those that do not remember... I am terrified of the ocean. I mean if I were in an airplane about to crash into the ocean and I had a chance to jump, it would be a serious toss up whether or not I would just go down with the plane. BIG, dark water where I have no clue what is under me, or worse yet I know what's under me and it's hungry. Yup, not okay. I am even freaked out by the mean whale in Pinocchio. Pathetic I know. Octopuses are one of those things. Cool in theory, even in cartoon, but in person... not okay.
He came out to say hello, I'm very grateful for glass!
Further testimony of big FREAKY things under the water. I do still want to go in a Shark cage, just for the experience. I'm almost positive I'll pee my pants, thankfully we'll be in the water so no one will know. Awkward.... Moving on.
We got the opportunity to touch some sting rays. I'm pretty sure their stinger things were cut off or under developed. Most of them were pretty tiny aside from the one Chris touched.
Oh boy they felt funny!! Like a rubbery leather. So weird!!
It was a lot of fun spending time with my little big brother! (Little because he's younger and big because he's much taller). Thank you so much for coming to visit us!! We love you!!
1 comment:
Fun! I love sting rays, so much! Also, jelly fish are not pleasant in person. I've seen them in the ocean and I swim so fast out of the water haha
Post a Comment