Let me start off this post by mentioning how truly lame I am. I usually go all out for birthdays. I mean Sunday through Saturday of random treats and treasures to spoil that birthday person. This year, I dropped the ball. Jakob's birthday kind of just snuck up on me and being 37 weeks pregnant I wasn't really up to decorating, cooking or partying at all. Like I said, I'm lame! Thankfully Jakob is one understanding man. Gosh I'm one lucky girl!
We kicked off Jakob's birthday week by having Mom and Dad Tobler over for dinner. Jakob's friend Thomas came by as well. Not that it isn't always fun seeing Mom and Dad but it's been forever since we've seen Thomas so that made Jakob's day. The evening was topped off with Mom Tobler presenting Jakob with his birthday slideshow. He was pretty excited! (Follow link to see the slideshow)
Tuesday night we headed up to Mom and Dad's to celebrate with Jakob's special request: Costco Pizza and Root Beer Floats. Boy do we know how to live it up?! But seriously Costco pizza is delicious!
Wednesday (his actual birthday) we did nothing. I didn't even make dinner because Jakob had a late lunch. Ethnie and I did go by some helium balloons and we sang happy birthday over some smoothies. It was a low key evening and I think we were both just happy to spend it at home with Peanut. (p.s. don't you just love that cheesy smile??)
Saturday however, we celebrated. Please excuse the decor. We invited a few friends over and celebrated with a taco bar and some greasy watermelon. I had several compliments on Mom Tobler's Pork Barbacoa and her Cilantro Lime Chicken which we made the night before. We finished cooking at midnight. Delicious.
Then we headed out to the pool so that the men could have a good game of greasy watermelon. If you asked Jakob to define what exactly greasy watermelon entails he'd say: "It's the most fun you'll ever have with 10 half naked dudes in a pool with a watermelon and a jar of Vaseline." He really has a way with words.
What it really is is a mix between Rugby and Water Polo with a watermelon covered in Vaseline to make it slippery. Rules are fairly simple, get the melon to the opposing sides wall. You are not allowed to throw the melon out of the water (for the safety of the melon.)
It is hilarious to watch and the boys really get into it!
After the game, most everyone went their ways so we spend the rest of the afternoon enjoying Thomas's and Dukes company. It was time for Jakob to finally get his present... some accessories for one of his guns. It's still on route so he got the receipt. Yup... I'm that awesome.
Usually Mom Tobler takes care of the cake but since she's away having fun with the Texas folk I took charge. He asked for an American cake so this is what he got. I almost felt we should sing the national anthem instead of Happy Birthday.
It was a wonderful day and I was pooped by the end of it! Happy birthday my love! I hope this year is filled with success, love, joy and excitement. Your girls love you!!















1 comment:
Happy Birthday Jakob! Looks like it was a blast! Your cake looks yummy!
Post a Comment