I seriously love holidays!! Nothing beats dressing up, eating tons of food and spending time with family! Our 4th of July was rather low key since I'm 8 months preggers and it was a rather warm 113°F. So we decided to avoid the parade and started our morning off with some landscaping while Peanut splashed in her little pool.
My mantel leaves something to be desired but I had to show you my banner!
I love it! I followed this tutorial, my blue paint is quite a bit lighter than hers though since it's what I had on hand. I think I like the darker version but still love my final product!
Mom and Dad have wonderful neighbors that bring by yummy and festive treats.
Peanut sure enjoyed them!
We then decided to break in our pool. We've lived here for almost two years and this was the first time we've ever been to our pool. It was super warm! Just the perfect temperature! Peanut is starting to warm up to the water.
If we would have let her I think she would have spend all afternoon in the hot tub! I view E as more of a duck than a fish, she likes to float and kick her feet but rarely gets in. I think we'll have to start swimming lessons next year.
E went down for her second nap and Mom and I then headed to Lowe's to get some supplies for a project I have in mind while Dad and Jakob enjoyed a war film. After some hot dogs and ice cream for dinner, we headed out for an evening stroll
The sunset from the fire up on Mount Charleston. Our dear friend Stuart is up there fighting the fire. Our prayers are with him. Stay safe Stu!
Then it was time for my favorite part... SPARKLERS! Dad & Jakob were pretty eager to light them all. Thankfully Mom had a few boxes for us to play with!
My first attempt at kissing magic. Jakob got a little crazy with the sparkles but I love it!!
I think we'll have to try this again when I'm not 8 months preggers & wearing yoga pants.
And last but not least! My favorite photo of all!!! It was a fabulous 4th of July! I can hardly believe it's already come and gone!! July is going to be a very busy and exciting month. We are so very blessed to live in a free country. I am so thankful for all of those who sacrifice to keep us free! We truly are the land of the free because of the BRAVE!















1 comment:
love the banner, i am going to have to create one! Love the sparkler pics soo cool! If we ever have a big family reunion we will all have to take a letter and write TOBLER, with mom and dad as the T.
Post a Comment