Friday, July 26, 2013

Special Moments

 As of late I have been trying to be a little more creative with activities for Ethnie. To be honest, I'm tired and I really want nothing more than to curl up on the couch and cuddle her while she watches Elmo all day. I'll admit it, for several days lat week that's just about all we did, and I felt terrible. I should be soaking up these last few days/ weeks where it's just her and I, so I resolved to be better. I wanted a quick, clean, and fun activity for her to do and then it hit me... play dough. Why didn't I think of this before? She really enjoyed helping Mama mix the ingredients.

 Her first plunge in. It was a success! Her favorite part was stuffing the dough into the measuring cup. 
Cheese!! I think we'll be having play dough in our home a lot more now. 

Some other special moments these past couple of weeks include: 

1. While driving home the other day we tried to keep E awake so she would take a good nap. She had been swimming and was plumb tuckered out. When I turned around to check on her she was out. I tried tickling her feet and all she did was laugh and smile while keeping her eyes shut. She was just too precious for words. A moment I will always treasure and remember.

2. I asked for a kiss the other day and she grabbed both sides of my face and gave me the biggest sweetest kiss. It made my heart melt. 

3. Watching her take care of her baby doll is always special to me. She makes sure she shares her sippy cup and pretends to feed her food. She'll bring over her baby with a blanket and insist we swaddle her up and then she sings to it or read it a story. Ethnie is going to be an amazing big sister!

4. Yesterday we simply played and snuggled. She fell asleep in my arms during wind-down time (which is a rarity). We laughed, tickled and just enjoyed being together. Not that I'm not beyond excited for little Duke to arrive but I am cherishing these last few days where it's just us girls. Word's can not do my love for her justice and I am so thankful that I get to be here Mama!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Gotta love the playdough!

Unknown said...

What recipe did you use for playdough?

Stephanie Tobler said...

Just regular salt dough
1/2 cup of salt

1/2 cup of water

1 cup of flour

It molds pretty quick though so I invested in the cheap play dough at wal-mart. I like it better anyways the texture isn't grainy.