It takes a lot of work to get a house ready. Chad and Janet have been working on their house for months doing massive renovations. I {love} the final product. There were just a few last minute touches that needed to be completed before the rest of the family arrived. Mom Tobler and I arrived a few days before the gang to offer some help. I'm not sure how much help I was since added two more children to the equation. It was chaos but we got things done.
Chad would work all day, come home and play with his kids and once they were asleep he would begin construction. Waking up to the sound of a drill at 3:00 a.m. was totally normal. And of course nothing seemed to work out the simple way.
Janet and I or the IKEA elves as Mom Tobler called us assembled a little desk/ hutch. Of course we started the project at 11:30 p.m. No problem I thought, we'll be done in an hour. WRONG. It was 2:45 a.m. before I hit the hay and it was assembled but still had a few final touches to add.
Mom taught Janet and I how to hang curtains. First she demonstrated...
And then Janet found a new love of power tools.
After 5 days (since we had arrived) and a lot of mental work and man hours Chad got in their new stove. It was nice am warm.
Chad also installed a pot filler. Talk about a fun and fancy tool. I think I want one! I just love Chad and Janet's home. I'm sure the work was all worth it! It is just perfect and very cozy.







No comments:
Post a Comment