Friday, November 29, 2013

Thankful

Since half of our crew was traveling down from Dallas Thanksgiving day we decided to postpone our festivities until Friday and what a perfect day it was. Things started off right with a pancake breakfast put on by Mom & Dad Tobler. Yum!!!

 
Chad finally got to rest after all of his hard work. Renovations with 5 little people is no easy task. 

Presley helped start the rolls. She is such a good helper!

 We then rounded up the gang and headed over to the Kemah Boardwalk. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and we had so much fun!

Well most of us. Ethnie wasn't very fond of missing her morning nap and she was refusing to enjoy herself. 

Janet took us on the shortest fairy ride in the US (it's in the Guinness book of world records) It was less than 20 seconds. I rather enjoyed it.

It was then time to ride some rides. Lucia picked the bunny up top. 

Violet was happy as could be on the dolphin.

Presley was on a pretty pony, but was a bit nervous even though she was a carrousel pro.

And then there was Peanut. Sad as could be crying the whole time... clinging to Grampa for dear life. 

We may or may not have permanently traumatized our poor daughter.

Then there was Duke... getting some sun, completely unaware that we were torturing his sister.

The trauma continued as we moved onto the airplane ride. E was sitting in my lap screaming just shaking her head and saying all done. She cried right up until the last 20 seconds where she claimed defeat and rested her little head on my shoulder.

Don't worry, a hug from Grampa made it all better even if she had to share with P ;). The girl sure do love their Grampa.

We then went to ride the train and little E finally found her favorite ride. A quiet slow moving adventure with Gramma and Grampa. 

He really does love me.

It was a fun adventure but it was time to return for food.

Such a cute little turkey.


(We had to take these at home once we returned. I totally loved their little outfits but when the time came it didn't seem worth it to change their outfits. Plus it didn't seem right when we weren't have turkey anyways :) )

Once we returned home the girls helped us all remember things that we are thankful for by making a gratitude tree. Here are some of the things we are grateful for.

Our Thanksgiving was no Nancy production ( I was a little bit heart broken that we wouldn't be going to the Palmers for Thanksgiving) but it was delicious. 

Presley gave her stamp of approval.

I have so many things to be thankful for. I am thankful disposable diapers, my bed, my body, music, soda, chocolate and sunshine. I am thankful for my job and for the opportunity I have to make children's birthday's & other events just a little more special. I am thankful for my calling and the ability to serve the primary children. So often I find them teaching me instead of me teaching them. I am thankful for freedom and for those that sacrifice their lives to protect that freedom. I am thankful for my children and how they make me a better person every day and fill my life with light and love. I am thankful for my darling husband and his never failing work ethic, dedication, and love. I am thankful that he is worthy to hold the priesthood and for the blessings that brings into our lives. I am thankful that I was born into such an wonderful family whom I love with all of my heart. I am thankful for the family that I married into and how they have become my family as well.  And most importantly I am thankful for the gospel, for my Father in Heaven and for the Savior who loved me enough to die for me, that I may return to live with them again. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: