Sunday, October 25, 2015

Peter and Tink

 This year for Halloween I asked E what she wanted to be and after some discussion she decided that she would be Tinker Bell, Duke would be Peter Pan, I would be Zarina the Pirate Fairy and Jakob would be a pirate. Since money is tight this year I figured this would be easy to try and keep on a budget. Aunt Janet sent E a Tinker Bell costume (THANK YOU!!!!!), I bought two green t-shirts for Duke from Savers on 50% off day and I had a dress that would work for Zarina, all I needed were wings. Daddy on the other hand expected me to rock out some sort of costume and I didn't so... he was Han Solo again this year. :)

Duke's Peter Pan costume took me 20 minutes. I didn't have a pattern so I just started cutting away and it came together perfectly. Making up something on the fly like that is always such a gamble but I was so pleased with the final outcome. 

 The hat totally needs work but for how often he was going to wear this it's worked. 

 Cutest Peter Pan EVER!

 Then E just wanted to be Anna, which wasn't very cool. So she dressed up for a photo shoot. Seriously how cute is she?! She makes the perfect Tinker Bell temperament and all! 

 Here I am as Zarina. 
 Not too shabby considering I only bought the wings. :)

And there it is folks.... the ONLY picture I have of my two children looking at the camera, happy, and smiling! Now to try and recreate this for their fall photos. Bhahahah. 

Grand total for costumes this year.... $10!!! The kids looked great! Thanks again for the costume Aunt Janet!!! It was perfect!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Awe...Ethnie you are the perfect Tink! You made dukes costume out of 2 t-shirts? it turned out so good!
You totally look like the pirate fairy!!
Wish it would have worked out but you have some adorable pictures love the last one, she looks like she is flying.