Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Halloween Par-Tay

I really wanted to do a Halloween party this year since we didn't have one last year. We were all about keeping things on a budget so we tried to keep everything pretty low key. 

Originally I had thought to only invite 4 families. that made 10 adults and 9 kids, then some how it grew to 20 adults and 9 kids. It was going to be cozy!

Then the night of the party people just didn't show up, which was actually better, kept things a little bit simpler. 

Loved our little ghost dude!

I made bunt cake pumpkins... total flop in my opinion. I totally used the wrong cake, it needs to be WAY denser! 

So we rocked out some cupcakes!

Candy count!

Maleficent was up on the wall since she's a bit too wide to hang on the front door. (The screen squishes her nose!)

We hired a few sitters and put the kids downstairs. Let me tell you, BEST. IDEA. EVER! They were out of our way but still close. We had babies sleeping in every room upstairs, it was perfect!!

And... I totally forgot to take pictures as people came in... until Barb. Whoops!

The food!

Mummy Pizzas.

Finger hot dogs in a pool of BBQ blood sauce. 

Mummy Dogs.

We split up the candy this year which really helped out budget wise, plus it gave us way more variety!

Haunted Mansion Time!

 Rebecca's.

Jakob's a close second!

Mine.

Stuart's. And I forgot to take a picture of Gretchen's... Whoops again!

The winner! Barb's the BBQ hunt haunted mansion! Which totally collapsed as we were playing liars dice! 

 
Then we played the newly wed game, which was funny... but not as fun once you've been married for several years. I think it is a brother and sister in law game! And we finished off the evening with liars dice... a Halloween favorite. Whitney was the winner! Becca won best costume as a flapper, cutest couple went to Barb and Stuart, Whitney won the candy count, we won best food for the desserts and the pizza's but we passed it off to Gretchen who helped me cook :).

We had a funny group of crazy cats! come January, when life slows down a bit, I think we will start monthly family game night! *Shout out to all our Vegas fiends and family, it felt strange doing this without all of you! You were dearly missed!!*

1 comment:

Janet said...

Awe what a fun party...loved all the food and the houses were great!!