This Easter was my favorite Easter to date. (I didn't think I'd be able to top seeing General Conference on Easter two years ago.) We had the wonderful privilege of blessing precious Ethnie Lauren. It was such a wonderful day filled with the spirit, family, laughter, delicious food and love.
Ethnie looked fabulous in her dress! She wore little pieces from everyone that she loves. The hair bow was from Oma, the dress from Grandma, the shoes from Mama (I just had to make some matching shoes!!), the bracelet from Aunt Janet, and the blanket from Aunt Nancy. She was so precious!


Our family headed to the temple to take some pictures before her blessing. It was so beautiful outside and the grounds looked wonderful!
I love the temple. It is such a beautiful place to be. I really enjoyed the experience of having our little family on the temple ground for the first time. It really set the mood for the rest of the afternoon.
I love this picture of Chris. He's such a character! I'm really glad he sacrificed so much to come down and visit us!
Jakob, Ethnie and their circle. Uncle Mark, Opa, Ethnie, Daddy, Grandpa, Uncle Lorin & Bishop Astle.Since this is our family journal I am going to include what we managed to write down of Ethnie's baby blessing. As I was sitting down before the service I once again caught a glimpse into eternity as we welcomed our family members with joy. I was filled with the spirit as these brethren took our daughter into the priesthood circle and as her father gave her a blessing. It being Easter you think about the Savior more often and his atoning sacrifice. My heart was especially full of gratitude for him and for the plan of salvation. Through him we are able to return to our Father in Heaven and be with our families forever. I couldn't have picked a better Sunday to bless our baby girl. These are some of the things that Jakob said in her blessing.
We bless you with a knowledge that you are a beautiful daughter of Heavenly Father and the love of the only begotten son and that you will return to live with him again. As you remember this truth you will find it a comfort and strength to you as you navigate through this tremulous world. I bless you with a heart that emulates that of the Saviors and that you will be charitable and kind. We bless you with the courage to stand up for what is right and that you will uplift those around you.We bless you that you will find a worthy companion and be sealed in the House of the Lord for all eternity. We bless you with love, that you will love those around you as your family loves you.
Grandma & Grandpa were also the speakers in Sacrament meeting. They made me cry on several occasions. I have been so incredibly blessed with such a wonderful family on both sides!
The three most important men in her life (and mine too!)
Uncle Lorin & Aunt Nancy (Thank you for coming!!!)





2 comments:
I can't imagine a better Easter! Ethnie looked like a doll so precious. I'm so happy that you had so much family with you on her special day. The words of the blessing were beautiful as well.
This is the sweetest post ever. First, what an amazing dress Ethnie was wearing! Gorgeous! (of course we all know Mom Tobler never makes anything less than stellar!) You all look so happy, Ethnie is truly blessed to have so many people in her life that love her so much :)
Post a Comment