Sunday, November 3, 2013

3 Months

Seriously, My baby can not possibly be three months old already! Where is the time going?? It feels like I was just writing Ethnie's 3 month update and now here we are with our little man. I think he may just be the cutest little boy in the history of ever. I mean those cheeks, dimples and not to mention all of his leg rolls. He melts my heart.
  • Height: 25.5 inches 
  • Weight: 17.2 lbs 
  • Head Circumference: 43.5 cm 
  • Nicknames: Uke, Little Man, Monkey, Stinker
  • He's one BIG baby. Duke has out grown 3-6 month outfits. All of his clothes are 6-9 months and he is in 9 month footie jammies. 
  • He giggles. Not laughing but he certainly shows us he's happy. I love it! 

  • He's started to finally use those chunky legs. He's really good at standing and his head is very secure.I'm loving that he can hold most of his weight now.
  • Duke is a random sleeper. This past week he has been waking up at 2:00 a.m. and 4:30 - 5:00 a.m. for feedings. I have a feeling a growth spurt is coming but he seriously hasn't stopped growing since he was born.  
  • He is on a shifty schedule. He is up around 6:30 -7:00. He then takes a 20 minute cat nap around 8:30 a.m. and then he goes down for an hour and a half at 10:30. He then stays awake from 12:30 till 3:00 when he goes down again for another 3ish hours. If he isn't up by 6:30 we wake him up until 8:00 when he nurses and is in bed by 8:30 p.m.
  • He has found his hands and likes sucking on his index and middle fingers. He hasn't really started grabbing things yet. I'm sure he'll master that this month.
  • He is not very fond of his soother. Hopefully we'll be able to trade his hands for his sue in the next little while. 
  • Duke loves his sister and E loves him. It is beyond adorable watching them bond. E will come up and pat his tummy and he will give her the biggest smiles. He loves watching her and it melts my heart.
  • Duke is really pleasent now. He will sit and coo on his own and he is usually pretty happy. He is 100% a Mama's boy however and usually puts up quite a fuss when Daddy has him. 
  • He loves T.V. Whenever I need a solid 20 minutes of E time (bedtime, bath, dinner) I just turn on the T.V. and for the most part he is perfectly content.
  • Duke has found his voice and boy is he good at using it. I love his coos and gurgles. It is way too precious.
  • He really enjoys bouncing on your knee. My arms get super tired lifting him up and down but he gives the best smiles while we play.
  • He {loves} having his diaper changed. You lay him down on the changing table and he's all smiles from start to finish. 
  • He still really enjoys bath time and being in the tub. He loves kicking and splashing around.
  • Blow outs are a regular occurrence in our home. I think it's time to move up to size 3 diapers.
We sure do love this precious boy. He brings so much love and joy into our lives. Just when I think I'm about to go crazy he share one of those toothless smiles and it brings me such peace. He is truly my little prince and I can't get enough of him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK, I must concede that this is a Tobler boy. Too cute!