Quite often I get asked what my "next project" will be. I usually have at least one project on the go at all times. Upon moving to Nashville I decided that while yes, I will still have something to work on, my main "project" will be my children. I really want to take this nine months to focus on them and enjoy our time together. So as a part of a very big project (I mean really taking care of your kids is a lot of work!) I figured that I would do one extra special activity a day Monday thru Friday since they have Daddy on the weekends and that is special. I decided to record it for my own benefit and if you have any sure fire ways to keep a one and a two year old happy for an extended period of time please share!!
Monday:
Pots and pans music time! Duke loved this! It was a bit noisy, but the kids were in their happy places!
Tuesday:
GO ELMO! I decided to take E's mattress out of her crib and put it on the floor. The kids had a blast bouncing (or in Duke's case sitting right under E's feet). This will happen again!!
Wednesday:
Sometimes our activity is just with E and I. Today's activity was painting with cotton balls. E is becoming quite the princess lover. Her favorite is Cinderella even though she's never seen the movie. I think it's because of the blue dress.
I loved the idea of cotton balls and clothes pins. No water. It's about as clean as painting can get!
Here is E's princess. I draw the dress and then she draws the face, shoes and accessories. Here this princess has glasses and heels. She cracks me up!
Thursday:
Singing time. E loves this and so does Duke. I try to keep the props away from him since he's in destroy-everything-and-put-it-in-my-mouth mode. This is our "Give Said the Little Stream" prop. You wave the ribbons to make the water, it works great if you have a large group. The raindrop is for the second verse. I need to add Jesus to the back for the final verse.
I also have Ol McDonald. Stars for "I am Like a Star", and "Twinkle, Twinkle." Frogs, Spider rings for "Itsy Bitsy" E really enjoys all of the props and singing and dancing.
Friday:
Rip your couch apart!! The kids had a great time climbing on the cushions and bouncing on the springs. So simple and they {loved} it.
There's our week of fun!! I am excited to do more crafts with E. We are starting to teach her how to spell her name. She's so smart, time for some preschool activities. :)














1 comment:
Looks like LOADS of fun good for you Mama!
Post a Comment