Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Let's Carve!

 It's time for my favorite activity of the season... PUMPKIN CARVING!!! I love pumpkins and I love gutting them. It's my favorite part. Jakob likes to carve but hates gutting, we're a perfect match ;). E wanted nothing to do with touching the guts. She is much to prim and proper for that. she got a stringy piece on her by accident and you would have thought I cut her toe off. 

 So E just observed. 

 I wanted to see if MAnfred would get all yucky but he too was skeptical. 

 Since E wasn't able to be Elsa I decided that we would make an extra special princess pumpkin! I printed off a few stencils and let her choose. It was a close call between Elsa and Ariel but Elsa won. She had a great time "helping" me carve.

 Daddy picked a pumpkin that was rather scarred. Such a man. Such an imagination.

 Tada! My final product Queen Elsa. I started with a stencil but I made her face to big so then I just had to wing it. Despite her massive eye I am pretty pleased with the final outcome.

 Somebody else was pretty in love with her as well. 

 Oma and Opa were on Skype the entire time we carved. It was fun having them "with us." E would grab the tablet and say "Look at me Elsa Pum-tin!!" She was pretty excited. Once Oma and Opa signed off she demanded that we call Grammy and Pa to show them. 

 Daddy's final product. Had we had a bit more time and no children I think he would have gone a little more hardcore but Duke decided to puke all over the floor and then he slipped in it hitting his head on the floor and then our one and only pumpkin saw broke half way through his design. Poor Jakob. I was pretty impressed with his final product since he spent less than 15 minutes on him. He's got mad skills.

 Ethnie, Daddy and their pumpkins.

Craving pumpkins is always so festive! That's a wrap until next year!

No comments: