Sunday, October 26, 2014

Trunk or Treat

Jakob and I have never attended a Trunk or Treat activity before. I was pretty excited about another fun Halloween activity since we will not be hosting a party this year. Since it is Jakob's year to pick our costumes he decided that we should be Ninja Turtles. We kept things pretty chill and just ordered t-shirts for Jakob and I and cute turtle costumes for the kiddos. E cried the whole time I tried to put it on her and she refused to wear her shell. Manfred was adorable though. I think this will be the last year that Mama and Daddy get to pick costumes. I think E will want to have a say next year. She was pretty disappointed that she wasn't a princess like the other girls. Poor girl!

Our trunk! Easiest decoration EVER! Two table cloths, cut out some eyes and Print out some little pizzas. Done! He was cute!

I volunteered to face paint this year. It felt good to get back behind the brush. E actually let me paint her. I've never painted her before and she chose to go with Ariel. She loved the "parkles" and asked for Belle on her other hand. She was so cute!

Some pictures of the cutest turtle ever!

Even without her shell she was darling. I was doing her hair before the event and she started to cry. She kept grabbing my hair and would say "on my shirt, on my shirt!" After several tears and a lot of confusion I finally figured out that she wanted her braids to be long like mine and to fall down the front of her shirt. I tried my best and she seemed satisfied. Darn hair! Grown faster!
Time to get our trick or treat on!

Poor Duke every time I would take a picture the flash would go off blinding him. He'd then take a step and fall over from the disorientation. It was too cute.


Okay Daddy, I think it's time to go. We had a great time! I look forward to many a trunk or treat in our future!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Awww...Love the Ninja Turtles and your trunk turned out great :)!!! Loved Duke in his turtle costume what a cutie.