Who doesn't love Oscar the Grouch? This was my last page to complete and I think we ended on a high note!
Oscar was interesting to assemble. There was lots of tacking here and lifting there to get everything to sit right. I love his little hands and eye brows though. He came out quite handsome.
The trash. Originally I had planned on having different colored slime/ blobs for the kids to match the color. I cut them out set them on the page and the page went from looking fabulous to looking cheap and rushed. I couldn't do it which was frustrating because I had already written on the fabric saying "Match the Slime." instead of "Match the Trash." I was ready to be done with this quiet book but I had to do it right so I give you, the trash.
The fish, This guy makes the page. I totally love him!
Another favorite, the Apple core which had to be done entirely by hand but it was so worth it!
I embroidered around each item so that E could match them up.
Like I said before I had already written "Match the slime the SCRAM!" in pen (my evaporating marker is packed away somewhere) so I attempted to erase it with rubbing alcohol. It worked, sort of. It made a mess of things and instead of risking ruining Oscar I just made a patch and covered it up. Oscar is trashy anyways so I didn't mind having a patch job :).
As an after though Jakob suggested that I add Slimy. Jakob is actually quiet involved in my creations adding imput here and there. I am so thankful of his support and encouragement.
That's it! That's my Sesame Street Quiet Book! This pattern is available for purchase via my Etsy shop along with detailed assembly instructions.










2 comments:
Beautiful job Steph, you should be super proud of this! I really love Oscar and the details are amazing!
How cute is this?! Love, love, love!
Post a Comment