Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Pumpkin Patch

I have been itching to go to a pumpkin patch ever since we moved to Nashville. There is no better way to start the fall season in my opinion and I knew Nashville would have some great patches. After a lot of research I decided to go to the Walden Farm and I am so glad that we did. It was free admittance and parking. There was the option to pay an extra $4 to go into the corn maze along with other activities or you could just do the free activities which is what we did. It was really a farm that you could tell wasn't trying to make a buck. Other patches that I looked up had a $7 admission plus activities.(be prepared for an outrageous amount of photos.)

First we stopped to see the animals. They had cows, sheep, chickens, rabbits, ducks and pigs tht you could pet and feed. E wasn't all excited about petting the sheep this time probaly because it kept sniffing her for food. 

 Little ducks... sooooo cute!

 Pumpkins! They had a little field full of baby pumpkins that both E and Duke could pick up. They had a great time crawling around an exploring. 

 When you ask E to smile now she makes the funniest faces. 

 I rocked my rubber boots. They were perfect!! 

 We spent $2 and went for a little train ride. E was so excited!! She held on the whole time with a grin from ear to ear. She told me that I should tell Pa since he likes trains. 

 This whole place just reminded me of Mom and Dad Tobler and made me miss them like crazy. Octobler is Mom's favorite month and she is really into outhouses, pigs and pumpkins. 

 This tree just says Uncle Clair.

 E got to sit at her very own mini picnic table. She loved it. After she said "Make one for me Mom?!" She thinks I can make anything. I might have to make one when we move to our longer term home after Jakob is done school. Or I could enlist Opa :).

 There was a man playing the banjo which made us think of Pa. E kept pointing and said "Pa play gitar too!!"
 At this point we decided to take E to the hay maze really quick and then head home. Manfred was one sleep bear.

 This is how one escapes the hay maze when you are small enough :).

 There it is. The winning picture. 

 On the way home we saw this beautiful silo. I really am loving Nashville. We had such a wonderful afternoon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't wait to take Adilyn to the pumpkin patch this year. I hope I can find one as nice as the one you went to. Your little family is so precious!!!!

Janet said...

LOVE pumpkin patches. That seems like a really fun one :).

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a hoot! I do like that picture of Eth but I like the Jake and Duke pic as well.