Potty training, makes me seriously consider just stopping at two children.While E has been wonderful and quite successful I think it has been harder on me than her. I am OCD (or as some people like more commonly call crazy) and the germs of touching a toilet and things that go in the toilet really just cause panic attacks. Most time I just have to sit and breathe and remind myself that all things can be cleaned with bleach (which I use frequently.) My bathroom has never been so clean. But this post is about Ethnie.Please note, this may or may not be TMI (too much information).
E has been very successful. We went the bare bum route and Daddy was home to help. We set a timer and we quickly realized that she really didn't need it. She was realizing when she had to go and once she had the first tinkle she was pretty set. We rewarded her with jelly beans and that was it. She had two accidents and instantly tried to mop it up on her own. Such a sweetie. I love her outfits, shirt bare bum and socks up her thighs. She didn't want to be chilly. I also love that she crosses her ankles. Such a lady.
Day two, she decided she wanted to wear a towel dress. I have no idea where she got this idea but she wore her little dress for 3 days straight. Such a fashionista. We attempted to try panties but every time she put them on she wet herself thinking it was a diaper. So we went back to the bare bum.
Day three no accidents. But also no poo's. We've hit a wall where we don't really know how to get her to poo in the potty. She has no fear of the potty and can recognize when she has to go. Hopefully we'll over come this soon. But she's a tropper.
We are still doing well and have had a few outings with success. I don't think we'll stray far from home for a while.
As a reward for her learning to use the potty she got a princess Elsa doll. The two of them are inseparable. We are so proud of our big girl! It's been an interesting week.







No comments:
Post a Comment